Monday, October 25, 2010

Halloweeney

Wow! So, Oz made it onto one of mommy's favorite kiddo blogs - Modern Kiddo - for their awesome Halloween post. Whoohoo! How fun is that? Unfortunately, last year I chose the most commonly done handmade costume in the handmade blogosphere. Oscar was Max from Where the Wild Things Are and the timing being close to the opening of the Spike Jonze adaptation of the book. Super. Anyway, Oz turned out to be a most adorable version of Max and I was quite proud of his little outfit. Tim and I decked ourselves out as well since we went into the city for the NYC parade. I was Max's boat and dad was a tree.

So what are we going to do this year? Good question. It's been a crazy busy month and I'm a little over 7 months pregnant right now, so this will be a year of JUST an Oscar costume. I'm making him a Handy Manny outfit!

He is seriously into tools and this is about the only show he's interested in, so I think it will be perfect for him.

I just found the PERFECT hat here (after searching forever) and they are priority shipping it to me so we'll get it before Halloween. His diva got him a Handy Manny toolbox for his birthday last month, so he has all the tools. Oscar's yellow gloves (a TRUE labor of love) were a collaboration project between me and his grandma and his belt was an up-cycled formerly khaki belt of mine, dating back from the "grunge" days, dyed yellow. I'm still working on the green ringer t-shirt, but all the other components are lining up nicely. Pictures soon of (hopefully) a happy boy!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

kudos on the modern kiddo mention - that's awesome - you really did outdo yourself - the ensemble was breathtaking!