
So, a couple bags of candy corn and tootsie rolls later... we're into November! I figured I'd better get on with posting Halloween before I get too far behind.
It's funny, because I've heard that Halloweens are supposed to get easier the older your kiddos get. I think that is a load of poo. Of Oscar's first three Halloweens, this is the first year Oz has sort of put up a fight with me about what he will do and won't do. I blame it on his age. When he was a month old, I could put him in anything I wanted. Heck, I gave him a costume for EVERY DAY of the week! Last year, at 11 months, he was still pretty okay with whatever I stuck him in. I think he kind of enjoyed the"Where the Wild Things Are" Max costume I made for him because of the floppy fingers and furry tail. This year, though?!? Just TRY putting handmade gloves (that are only slightly stretchy) onto a fussy terrible 2 year old who has no interest in taking pictures. Now THAT is what I call a good time. All in all though (bribery aside), I got some decent photos. Here are some of my favorites:



He is "Handy Manny" from his ultimate favorite TV show. It's put out by Disney and Oz is crazy for it. It's the only show that he will actually sit down and watch from beginning to end. I think the likeness is pretty great... The gloves and shirt were handmade, the belt is a revamp/dye job, and the toolbox is a felt creation of mine (that I have yet to blog about). The best part was the hat which I found online at the final hour. All hail to the awesome toddler hat company Little Fit!!! They had the PERFECT toddler trucker type hat that is just quintessential "Manny." And it was the only thing I didn't have to fight Oscar to put on. Don't get me wrong, I love that he is growing up and wanting to be independent, but he just is going to have to realize that Halloween is mommy's day and he just has to humor me.
Here's to next year!
1 comment:
yes, it is a load of poo!!! just wait until next year when he has his own opinion of what he wants to be. I don't know what kind of miracle it was that Luke agreed to be a knight (it must've been the sword)! i think every mom who puts that much time and love into homemade costumes deserves a trophy (every year)! missed you a ton this season!!! love you.
Post a Comment