Friday, December 5, 2008

Quilts = Love

I'm a big believer in handmade. I think that when someone takes the time to make you something, especially something that took a lot of thought and time, that is basically saying "I love you!" Well, I can tell you that little Oscar is very much loved. Lots of wonderful family and friends have made him things, like blankets, bibs, onesies, and even a diaper bag! I wanted to post pictures of one thing in particular that Oscar just got in the mail a little while ago from his Auntie Christie - who isn't really an aunt but I love her like a sister so kinda she is - who made him an awesome vintage-looking cowboy quilt. Wow! I think this is almost too cute to use. I L.O.V.E. it!!! What a talented friend I have. Look and adore!


Speaking of quilts, I also made little Oz a quilt. I never got around to posting a picture of it, so here it is. (It's not as detailed as Auntie Christie's, though! Don't judge me - I did this while on "bed-rest.") I found the cool retro fabric at a quilt shop when we took a trip up to Maine.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

oh my gosh, you made my day!!! Oscar is so cute on his quilts. What a darling! I can't wait to meet and hold him in person.