Monday, December 8, 2008

Bassinet Burrito

Oh joy of joys! My little boy went 9 and a quarter hours between feedings last night! That means that he actually slept for 8 hours. Crazy. He ate at 8 o'clock and didn't wake up to eat again until 5:15. I woke up stunned. He's been averaging between 6 to 8 hours every night. I'm so proud. I seriously can't even believe how much he is growing up. And babies grow in their sleep too, so he may have even grown another inch. I wouldn't be surprised.

SIDENOTE: Just because he went that long last night, don't think that I've been doing the "Babywise" thing or that I've been feeding Oz rice cereal already. I am in total agreement with my sister that babies need to eat when they are hungry. Their tummies aren't that big, so I nurse Oscar upon demand. What works for us is a combo of things: using either the Miracle blanket (thanks Ann!) or swaddling him really tightly, a quiet and dark bedroom, and a humidifier. Works like a charm.

Oscar still sleeps in our bedroom in the bassinet, but I think he is soon to outgrow it. I had him bundled up last night and when he was stretched all the way out, there was just about 5 inches of room left over in the bassinet. He used to look so tiny in that. What happened?!? I just need him to last a few more weeks and then, after the holidays, we will start putting him in the crib in the nursery.

Speaking of outgrowing things, he has also outgrown all of his "newborn" outfits! And all my pregnant friends are having girls - dang it! Maybe I can add some pink ribbons to some of them? Anybody having a boy? Anybody know of a cool craft I can do with cute outgrown clothes?

Here is Oscar in the bassinet his first week home...

And here he is (with his legs scruntched up) on week 10...

4 comments:

Melissa and Savannah said...

yay for more sleeping! isn't it the greatest to wake up and realize you just got more than 4 hours of sleep? swaddling=the best thing ever.

melissa

Unknown said...

how sweet is sleep!?! I wish I could saying that we aren't just now enjoying that with Julianne, but alas, tis little girl played me like a fiddle the last 6 months. :) ah well, alls well that ends in sleep. :)

Unknown said...

as you can see, I need it. Luke was up all night throwing up - my least favorite mommy duty. :]

Lazy Daisy said...

Where's my baby? Oh my goodness, he has definitely been growing. His Diva can hardly wait to get her hands on him. What a great mom he has!