Sunday, January 30, 2011

Parenthood

It's funny, one late night recently (and there have been several of those - thanks to Charlie), I was reading a parenting magazine and this article about the lies that moms tell. Honestly, it just made me laugh out loud. We really are a bunch of liars! People ask how we feel after we've just given birth and expect to hear about the joys of a new baby when we really want to just say "I'm tired of never getting more than 3 hours of sleep at any given time, my stitches haven't healed, I have a UTI that I can't seem to shake, my two year old is regressing and thinks he needs to be spoon-fed now, when one kid cries then everyone starts crying, and I'm tired of being pooped on." Nope. People are looking for a fake answer. So we give that to them. Well, as much as I'm crazy about my kids, I'll be honest and say there are many times that they really do make me nuts. But one thing that makes it all worth it is when you see someone else experience your pain.

Tim got it today and it was AWESOME.

My usually calm cool "baby whisperer" husband totally lost it today and it was maybe one of the funniest things I've ever seen. Oscar, our two year old, had just woken up from his nap and was seriously cranky. Tim was letting him watch an episode of Handy Manny to help calm him down. Halfway through, the cat throws up in the hallway and not a minute later, baby Charlie spits up all over his shirt and swaddle blanket. Tim hops up to change the baby while Oz is preoccupied with his show and winds up stepping in the cat barf. He cleans that up and continues with his mission to change baby. Before he changes Charlies' shirt, he figures he should go ahead and change that diaper. That's when the fun starts.

I'm in the next room and I hear Tim exclaim "Oh sh##. Really?!?" I start nervous giggling because Tim isn't the kind of person to just start cursing, especially with our two year old in earshot. So I go in to check on him and it looks like Charlie has just exploded from every orifice. Tim had almost finished changing Charlie's diaper when Charlie had a massive juicy toot that sent poo flying everywhere. It was all up Tim's arms, all over the changing table, even on the carpet a few FEET away. CRAZY. And while Tim was trying to clean the mess up, Charlie started peeing everywhere! Then he spit up again. It was incredible.

Soon after, Charlie started crying because he was cold and wet. Oscar heard him and proceeds to run in and start wailing too. And would not be consoled until "daddy" picked him up.

Me? Where was I? I was watching and laughing. And I even videoed some of the fun! Oh the rewards and joys of parenthood.

4 comments:

Tim said...

I think 'BIG' is an understatement here. Some things just don't translate in the video either...like how warm the poop is...

Unknown said...

holy freakin moly! that was AWESOME! You made me laugh out loud! Parenthood can be evil in the most glorious way! My favorite part was hearing Tim say, "okay, now put the camera down and help clean up." as you are giggling. Man, I'm still giggling!

Jeremy Tudor said...

well, at least he didn't have a coffee pot, we know what he does with those when he finally looses it. I think I threw up in my mouth seeing the poop on Tim's arm. Freakin hilarious! Love ya Tim, and thank for showing us dad's that we don't have to do always perfect!

Chris and Rachel said...

This is so great! I saw the poop on Tim's arm and a few drops on the dresser and started laughing all over again! Harper had projectile poop like that that went 3 feet once! Yes, we measured it. And Damar was laying right in the line of fire. But instead of Harper peeing, Damar did. I'll have to tell you the story sometime. You guys are awesome...great post!