Thursday, August 5, 2010

Mommy's List

Here is a current list of reasons why I'm crazy about my kiddo. (Warning: this could be a long post!)

- I love the way Oscar says the word "Orange." It comes out as "oran-gin." I have no idea why he does this one all funky, because he gets the other colors right. He even knows the weird ones, like silver and turquoise. Whatever. It cracks me up.

- I LOVE getting random hugs and kisses. He just comes up and says "CannI'veHaKiss?" And then I'm nothing but a puddle of goo.

- Oscar has this playful sideways glace that he gives you, right before he gives chase. Then comes the peals of "GonnaGetYou!!!" and the shrieks of laughter. But it's great to have that little bit of warning.

- I love hearing him count. He can almost do up to 20 now, of course he skips a few in between... It goes something like "1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,15,16,18,20!"

- My favorite time of the day is when daddy is reading a bedtime story and I come in to give Oz his bottle of milk. He gives me a great big smile and a kiss on the lips and I tell him g-night and "sweet dreams." It always warms me up inside.

- I love when he asks "What doing, mommy?" I don't have the heart to correct him. I don't know if I ever will!

- Oscar has this way of greeting everyone he meets (as long as they are at a safe distance, of course). He loves to smile and wave at random strangers and say in his little voice "Hi! How are roo?" It so sweet. I also like how he greets inanimate objects, like his cars and toys.

- Kiddo is just like his daddy when it comes to some OCD tendencies. He loves to arrange and re-arrange his cars into straight lines. He does this with blocks, crayons, whatever he can get a hold of. It's cute and a little nutty.

- Oscar has an INSANE memory! You can tell him something and a few days or even weeks later, he'll remember it. He adores his Uncle Dale who apparently taught him to say "Uh oh spaghetti-oh." I NEVER heard Dale say this, but a week after we got home from visiting him in Texas, Oz started saying "Uhoh ghetti-oh" completely of his own accord. Amazing. (But now I wonder what ELSE Dale taught him!) Oscar will also remember random people, too. Every now and then, he'll ask me "Where is ____" (Fill in the blank with people he has only met once or twice.)

- I love when Oz says "I'm okay... I'm okay..." after he falls down. And if he is not "okay," he'll come up to me and have me "kiss it!" Then he runs along on his merry way.

- He cracks up laughing if you get his certain tickle spots, especially his ribs and armpits. So funny.

- I love watching him feed himself. It is adorable to see him use his fork and try to "poke" his food. And if you give him a muffin, be prepared for a nose dive into it. He throws his whole being into muffin eating.

- I also love that he still uses the baby sign language for "more" even though he says it while he does the motion.

- And I love how Oscar pets our cat Pan and says "gentle" while he gingerly touches him. I also love how he walks into Pan's bushy tail and cracks himself up when it tickles his face. What a funny kid.

So, I have lots more, but my fingers are tired! More later... I'll leave you with a muffin eating picture.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

such a sweet post - you'll be so glad you took the time to write these down some day! (speaking of - I've got to start blogging again! I've already missed writing down so much!) Big kisses for that sweet boy! His Auntie Christie sure does love him!

Chris and Rachel said...

Oz is such a wonderful kid, and he has 2 great parents that have helped contribute to that greatness! Love you Bomgardner's!