Tuesday, January 20, 2009

A new day, a new year

Well, little man, today you turn four months old. Today is also a big day because Barack Obama was sworn in as the 44th President of the good ol' USA. There is so much hope and expectation in the air right now, you can't help but feel it. This is also a difficult time for a lot of families because the economy is rough and many have lost their jobs. It is so strange to be stuck in the middle - to know that times are bad, but to feel good about the future - to expect things to get better. I think part of the reason people are so excited is that they really feel like they are participating and have a say in the way things will turn out.

That's how I feel right now about you. I have this tremendous responsibility to care for you and provide for you, but I also get to experience the joy of participating in life with you. It is so exciting to see what new thing you will do each day and take joy in the fact that I am able to be a part of it. I look forward to what you will be and what you will be able to do by the end of the year, but more importantly, I look forward to the journey your mom and I will take with you to get there.

Love,
Dad

2 comments:

Unknown said...

little boy, you have two of the sweetest parents ever

Ruth said...

This is a lovely post, I almost wish my Mom or Dad did something like this for me. We've got HOPE too, Ben's back at work and things are going good right now.