Oscar, as I sit here watching the snow fall and cover the earth in a white blanket, I can't help but think of what lies beneath. I suppose that is the "gardener" in me. Winter always reminds me of the hidden potential of the ground. And when spring rolls in, all of that hidden glory is revealed. It's like a small miracle to watch. I think that is why I enjoy plants so much.
Well, right now, you are also covered in a blanket (two actually - it's dang cold) and I am thinking of how very like the earth you are. Under that blanket that covers you is so much potential! Every time I look at you I see it. It makes me wonder what kind of man you'll become. And most of all, I see how blessed I am to get to watch it happen. I just hope the spring doesn't get here too soon.
I love you.
Mom
No comments:
Post a Comment