Wednesday, November 24, 2010

My Little Turkey

Oh man. I cannot even believe this was my sweet little baby boy two years ago...


Now Oz is big enough to have turkey and mashed potatoes while sitting at the table with us! How time flies by. I've been super sentimental lately as I pull out all of Oscar's baby clothes and get them ready for our little apple due in January. It's weird, I'm already nearing the end of pregnancy! I've literally got six more weeks until I'm officially a mommy of TWO boys. That is just C.R.A.Z.Y.

But I have so much to be thankful for. I am incredibly thankful for this new little blessing (that's constantly sucker punching me in the ribs and keeping me up at night with his wacky acrobatics). I'm thankful for his health and his activity and how he is gonna change our whole world pretty soon. I'm thankful beyond measure for my big boy Oscar and how much he has grown and continues to be my little prince charming. There is no way to describe the overwhelming sense of affection I have for my Oz. He melts me every time he gives me a spontaneous hug and kiss or pats my cheek and says "Bonita Mommy!" (Handy Manny taught him the Spanish word for "pretty"... thanks, Manny!) I'm thankful for his excitement about his future little brother. He puts his head on my belly and says "Baby Charlie in there!" and he listens (or pretends to hear) baby's heartbeat with his stethoscope and says "Boom, boom, boom!" I'm so proud of the big brother he is going to be. Most of all, I'm thankful to get the opportunity to be "mommy." It's a name that not everyone gets, you know? And only two special people in the whole world get to call me that. It's a pretty amazing thing.

Okay, so that was my sentimental rant for Thanksgiving. Thanks for reading! I hope you have some thankfulness this holiday season too, reader.

No comments: