Names. They are pretty powerful things. All throughout mythology, examples can be found of secret names, names that had the power to destroy and names that had the power to bring great rewards. When we gave Oscar his name, we didn't take it lightly. What if he ends up hating it when he grows up? Would he change his name? I hope not! Tim and I spent hours, days, and months deliberating on both Oscar's first name AND his middle name (Elijah). I have to say, I'm quite pleased with it.
Anyway, we're headed into becoming a four person family soon, in January, and we'll be looking at finding a new name to add to the Bomgardner line! Tim and I have some good ideas for either a girl or a boy, but I'm always open to suggestions... hint hint.
And speaking of names, this blog will need a new name, too! Oscar's Odyssey has served us well for the past two years, but it's time for it to transform into something shared. I barely have enough time as it is to blog about my current little monkey - just wait until there are two monkeys! Any name suggestions out there? The Bomgardner Bunch? (See? I'm open to cheese.) I guess I'll have a better idea as to what I should call it after tomorrow. Tomorrow we'll find out if the new baby is a boy or a girl!
1 comment:
so incredibly, ridiculously, and out-of-this-world excited for you guys! i only wish i were there for the big bite! have fun!!! (don't stress too much over the tiny details, don't forget to put your feet up and just enjoy it all, love you!!!)
Post a Comment