Thursday, May 13, 2010

Oscar vs. the Potty



Okay, so don't over-react here and think I'm one of those crazy moms who decides to potty train at one and a half. I know he isn't ready yet. But I want Oz to feel comfortable with the idea and since he has been talking about the potty lately, I figured now is as good a time as any to get him one his own size. He knows what the potty is and he knows when he is going #2, so those things are in place. I think the peeing thing is gonna be the challenge.

Anyway, funny story... we got him the potty last Wednesday. The next morning, we were hanging out and talking about what the potty is. I told him that he goes poo poo in it. He looked at me sideways and said "Poo poo?" I told him yes. Then I asked him if he needed to go poo (because he sometimes goes in the morning) and he nodded and said "poo poo." I asked him again and he nodded, so I pulled down his drawers and let him take her for a trial run. And drum-roll... he did it! Hooray! My kid pooped in his potty! I had such a weird sense of pride watching my kid poop... that is until I had to clean it up. That is not so fun.

Well, I think I may have traumatized Oz in the clean-up process, cause he has yet to go again in the potty. How do people do it, anyway?!? I was the crazy lady carrying my kid at arms-length so as to not get poo on my shirt. Hopefully I'll be better prepared for him next go round.

Regardless, hooray for Oscar's first potty poo! (FYI - not to worry... these photos were taken diaper-clad and a day later...)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

yay Oscar! Jules won't even sit on hers yet. She keeps putting it off. But I won't force her, bc I don't want to make it a battle. So there the princess potty sits, and the princess pull ups are still in the closet, and the princess stickers are still waiting. :) maybe Oscar can teach her!