Here's my sweet hunny bee... It's been a while since I've posted what my little man is up to, so I figured I'd give you readers a glimpse. Oz is now almost a whopping 15 month old (a few days to go), which is getting closer and closer to a year and a half! And that is just crazy. He literally learns something new every day. I really am constantly amazed at seeing the world through his tiny blue eyes. He makes me laugh so hard sometimes at the wacky things he does or says. His newest word is "trash" as he is fascinated by all the receptacles we have in our household. (Have you ever counted all the trash cans in your house? It's quite an interesting thing to do and it makes me feel rather lazy that I'd rather just have a trash can in every room than to have to get up and take my trash somewhere else. Hmm.) Oscar loves to walk up to the trash cans and point and say the first syllable of the word "trash" and make me do the "sh" part. He thinks it is hilarious.
Because Christmas is a week away, we've been reading Christmassy stories to him and I have our nativity out. I hold up the different people / animals / whatnot and tell him about what each piece is. I also do sound effects, just so you know. So far, Oscar's favorite pieces are the cow, the lamb, baby Jesus, and the inn keeper. All the other characters he could care less about. I love the way he tries to say "Jesus," too. It is beyond cute.
Oscar also does animal noises. He just learned how to do a goldfish sound. It's kind of a "glue-glue" sound. Now, every time he sees a fish, you can count on that noise coming from him. To date, he does multiple types of roars and growls (lions, dinosaurs, bears, etc.), meows, barking, naying, mooing, hooting (owls), chirping, and quacking. But my favorite noise Oscar does is whenever he sees the moon in pictures or books. He howls! It started after we got this one Sandra Boyton book about dogs and now he does it all the time. It is bizarre and adorable.
Gone are the days of crawling, by the way. This kid is full speed ahead and runs nearly all of the time. I pity our downstairs neighbors because we have a long hallway that Oscar LOVES to run in. It has to be pretty obnoxious for them. I pity our "kitties" too. Oscar runs at them both and tries to tackle them. They are not amused by this. He has been scratched many times due to his abundant enthusiasm.
Gone are the days of docile submission, too, unfortunately. This boy has an opinion and is not afraid to share it. If he wants something, he will let you know. (Which can be good and also very bad.) Example : you may have thought he didn't see you hide the Cheerios, but get ready to hear a chorus of "Chee! Chee!" for the next 20 minutes. Also, if you go into his room empty-handed after he wakes up from his nap, be prepared to hear him yelp "Meh! Meh!" (for "milk") and work his hands like he is milking an udder. Nice. At least it is obvious what he wants and it is something I can take care of. I taught him to say "help" too, for when he gets way frustrated at not being able to do something by himself. That was a stroke of mommy genius, if I do say so myself. And I was so proud when I taught him the motions to the song "When you're happy and you know it" and seeing him stomp his feet. Well, now the feet stomping is also part of the temper tantrums when Mommy doesn't let Oscar play with electric sockets. Awesome.
In spite of the bad (and there has been a LOT of bad lately as Oscar just got two new teeth down on the bottom rack - bringing up his total to eight), there have been some serious cuddle times and blowing kisses and all sorts of niceties. And I guess that is what parenting is all about. (But I have to be honest and say that I wish this boy's grandparents lived closer because this momma needs a drop-off for melting point days!) On that note, I hear a little voice calling for his "mama" to bring him some "meh!"
3 comments:
Can't wait for the neat stories like this one about "Baby H"! :D
I wish you could leave him with his Diva for melt down days too. Love this post. Miss you...counting the days.
hee - I love this whole post. and I love, love, love that he howls at the moon. a boy after my own heart! I seriously needed a dose of Suzy (and Oscar, and you too Tim!) Love you guys!
Post a Comment