Sunday, September 20, 2009

Happy Birthday!


New Family
Originally uploaded by peachicken
Sweet Oscar, today I remember the day you were born... and CELEBRATE! I cannot even believe a whole year has gone by and you are a walking / talking little person who has all sorts of opinions and curiosities. Today, as I held your hand while we walked through a grassy field, it was all I could do to just catch my breath. You are my pride and joy. I'm so happy to be your momma.

Last year at about this time, I remember being sick with anticipation (and pain - yes) about your arrival. I wondered at the person you'd become and who you'd look like, what your favorite things would be and if I'd be a good mom to you. Baby, I couldn't have asked for a sweeter, smarter, and more handsome little guy! I love that smile you get when I walk into the room - like I'm the only person in the whole world! And I love the way you walk, with confidence that would conquer the world. I love the way you point and say things that you know ("mom-mom" "dada" "kitty" "tree" "car"). I love the silence and enrapture that overtakes you when I read you a book. I love your giddy cuteness when I sing songs with you or we make funny sounds together. I love when you want to "share" your food with me, even if it's something I'd never eat on purpose (egg yolk). I even love that you are opinionated on your likes and dislikes - and can now vocalize it! You've come such a long way and grown so much in just one year. I can't wait to see what the next year will bring.

I love you, my little toddler!

2 comments:

Chris and Rachel said...

Happy Birthday little Oscar!!! (And Oscar's dad!) I still can't wait to meet this guy. He is so cute, and he seems like such a good baby. I can now definitely understand those fears about being a good mom, but you already are! Love you Suz.

J. Hunter said...

Sorry I'm late!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, OZ!! Your mama has a right to be proud! You are an awesome little guy and I can't WAIT to meet you one day!