Thursday, August 6, 2009

He Walks!

So I realize this isn't the best picture I've ever taken or anything - much of that has to do with the fact that my camera takes awful indoor shots - but I wanted to share some of our excitement in these first few weeks of shaky steps. This was taken the day that Oscar first took a few steps on his very own, on July 13th (I just now got it off my camera... bad mommy!). I LOVE the expression on Tim's face. He is such a wonderful daddy. This is true joy and love and excitement for his little mini me. Lately, as Oscar gets braver and braver, I really am seeing more and more of his daddy's fearless "Spiderman" mentality. Yesterday, Oscar climbed up onto a chair for the first time, all by himself. As you can see, this is why my blogging has been scarce!

Some other new things Oscar is doing is talking. He loves to drop things and say uh-oh now. Except he doesn't say the "oh" part. It's ridiculously cute. He growls and grunts and scrunches up his nose too. And when he tries to laugh along with you, he ends up sounding like he is panting. It makes me laugh even harder. And he loves to play keep away. He will chase you down until he is exhausted. Then he tackles you, lays his head on your chest and looks up at you with his giant blue eyes. And then he smiles.

I have the coolest kid in the world. Now, if I could just get a better camera!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love that picture! How cool is that? He is blowing us away walking so early (mine were late 13-14 months). I'm so proud of you Oscar! I can't wait to see you again. Love you!!!