Monday, February 2, 2009

Time Capsule

So, this is a project I've been working on (off and on) for a while and I'm nearly finished. I've been putting together a sort of Time Capsule for Oscar for when he gets older and wants to know what was happening in the world the year he was born. I've got a lot of good stuff in this box. (I'm hoping he'll appreciate this someday!) I even got an incredible Martha Stewart acid free brown linen box to put everything in. The box was maybe even the most expensive thing!

I've included:
  • his first week birthday hat
  • all the "new baby" congratulations cards
  • a trace of his hand
  • a ribbon length measurement of Oz (wrapped around a popsicle stick with the date taken)
  • the New York Times of Obama's victory, the day after the election
  • Time: Year in Review issue
  • two special Newsweek issues of the Inauguration
  • the 2008 mint coins proof set
  • the little blue crane my friend Teresa made for me the day I found out Oscar was going to be a boy
  • his first little stocking cap (that he wore in the hospital)
I intend to get a couple of other things to pop in there, such as the 2008 Commemorative Stamp Album (I used to be an avid stamp collector and maybe Oscar will be into that someday too) and I'd love to get the Spiderman comic that has Obama in it! The box is pretty full, but I'd certainly be open to any other suggestions of things that I should put in there. I got so into doing this today that I almost wrapped up Oscar to put in the box too! He just thought that was hilarious.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

man, you're so good at this - it puts us all to shame.