
We've been busy lately! Actually, I just got home from taking Oz to story time at a local library. Last week was his very first library story time. I was really fortunate that it was on a day that Tim could take off too, so we even got pictures! I think Oscar is really liking it. (I know it looks like I'm the one having the most fun, but he giggled quite a bit.) He loves looking at all the other little babies and his favorite song is "Tick Tock." He is the youngest in the group (but also the cutest...).

Speaking of
firsts, Oscar had his first play with bubbles the other day! He was a bit sleepy by the time we got his bubble machine going, but he liked the first few minutes of it. Then he decided it was nap time. At least I got it photographed.
And another BIG first - Oscar has started solids now! It has been an exercise in frustration for him, but yesterday we had a breakthrough. We started last week and have been giving him a couple of days break in between, since it pissed him off so much.
SIDE NOTE: I've received a whole lot of "advice" on this subject and I think what we've done has been the best option for him. I won't be putting rice cereal in his bottle. It may have worked for others, but I've read some really negative things about doing that. Besides, he needs to learn how to use his tongue with the spoon and at this point, there is no need to rush him into eating solids. He has time to learn how and to enjoy it. Some moms don't even start solids until 6 months.

But I did want to post the hilarious pic of his first taste of rice cereal. He did not enjoy the experience at all. But yesterday he ate a whole tablespoon worth! I'm so proud.
I just can't even believe how big he is getting. I think he is starting to really look more and more like his daddy. It cracks me up when I see Oscar making the same faces his dad makes. Which leads me into another
first...

Oscar made his first piece of artwork for dad's office. We were playing with finger paint, making some valentines for his grandmas and grandpas, so he also did something for his daddy. (I wrote his name...) Oscar loved squishing the paint in his fingers. It was a challenge to keep the paint out of his mouth, though!
And tomorrow will be his first Valentine's Day. I wish we could have made more valentines to send out to everyone, but the patience is not there yet - if you know what I mean. And stay tuned for Cupid pictures!
1 comment:
I think the best advice on child rearing that I have heard came from my grandmother at Christmas. She told me that her mom (I think) had 6 children, and her advice was this: "I had 6 different methods of raising my children."
Every child is different, and as their parent, you know them best, so you have to do what you find works best for you, your spouse, and your child. You're doing a great job!!
Post a Comment