This is Oscar's first one and instead of dressing him up like an Ox (I know you readers are tired of my dress up pictures... and no, I don't want to be Anne Geddes, and besides, Oscar is way too cute for those freaky pictures anyway...) I decided to snapshot one of his new favorite toys instead. Since Oscar was born between Feb. 7, 2008 and Jan. 25, 2009, that makes him a rat! I didn't remember that when I bought this at IKEA last month, though. I just thought it was hilarious and sort of cute in an "I live in NY and there are lots of rats here" kind of way. I wanted him to be able to recognize the local fauna.
Speaking of the year of the rat though, there are all kinds of other famous rats. It's the first sign of the Zodiac, so it's full of leaders, pioneers and conquerers. Nice, eh? Maybe Oscar will grow up to be a conquerer. That would be cool. A rat's positive traits are these: meticulous, intelligent, shrewd, charismatic, charming, ambitious, practical, industrious, eloquent, and artistic. Among some of the more famous rats are: George Washington, Alexander the Great, Galileo, Marlon Brando, Mozart, Plato, Nixon, Shakespeare, Winston Churchill, and even Samuel Jackson. Impressive!
2 comments:
That's some good company. And I love the rat - the stuffed one and the cute real boy one. Give him a kiss from his Aunt Christie will ya?
me too
Post a Comment