Oscar just had the saddest bout of crying he has ever had. I even started crying with him. And my little guy can already produce REAL tears. It sucks. It is the most heart wrenching thing I've ever seen in my whole life. He does this lower lip frown and then it turns into a tremble and then an all out wail. His eyes get all red and puffy and then these little tears start rolling down his cheeks. It makes me feel like the worst mom ever. He does this usually when he is really hungry. I mean, you would think he was starved to death by the way he cried just now! And I didn't know what the deal was because he usually eats every 3 hours. This cry session started exactly 2 hours after his meal. What the heck?
I think that part of it is we are both a little bit sick with a cold. I have a stuffy (and sometimes runny) nose and he sounds a bit congested too. When he started his cry parade, he started choking on snot because he was wailing so hard. So I had to use the suction ball thingy to clear it out and let me tell you, doing that when your child is already pissed sure doesn't made him any happier. It's been a fun morning.
UPDATE: Oscar is now fed and cheerful. Does my child have a split personality?
1 comment:
I get pretty grumpy when I am hungry too! Maybe he's about to grow, so he's getting hungry sooner! Your doing a great job...I love the updates :)
Post a Comment