Friday, November 21, 2008

Proud Momma

I'd be remiss if I didn't say what a proud momma I am today. (I'm sure you could tell?) Today was Oscar's first immunizations. He did really well.

I was REALLY worried about the today. When Oz is upset, he can let you know it. He isn't much of a crier, but when he gets upset it is heart-wrenching. He gets this lower lip tremble and this tragic frown... It is pitiful. And it makes you feel like the worst person ever. For the past few days, he has been super hungry and instead of eating every 3 hours during the day, he was wanting a meal every 2 and a half (sometimes less). Lordy. Talk about wearing me out. Not only that, but he would start acting like he had gas and then start wailing like you just shot his dog or something! I didn't know what the deal was. But after I fed him, then he was cool again. Whatever. Motherhood is a great mystery. At least I can feed on demand.

Anyways, with this craziness (Growth spurt?!? Who knows!) going on, I was terrified that there would be a tragic bout of tears today at the doctor's office. And when I say tears, I mean it. This baby boy can already produce that salty wetness. This momma went in PREPARED. I brought everything I could think of. I brought his "lamby" soft toy, his favorite crab rattle, a couple of soothers, baby tylenol, etc. When Dr. Grace gave him his two shots (Polio and DTP), one in each leg, he was a little pissed but not too bad at all! He pretty much didn't cry at all. What a dude! My little boy is so brave.

The wellness exam went really well, too. Dr. Grace was really impressed with Oscar. When she came in, Tim was playing with him and letting him stand up on his lap (Oscar LOVES to do this). She said "Oh my! Look at him! What a strong little guy!" Then she asked me what all Oscar can do now. I told her how he can roll onto his side, go between night feedings for about 5 to 6 hours, how he follows us with his eyes when we walk around, how he smiles and coos, and how he pushes himself up with his arms when he has his tummy time. Dr. Grace was really pleased and she told us how he is developed at the level of a three month old! Ahh yeah. My little boy is a month ahead of his time. I told you he is a prodigy.

Speaking of the incredible boy, check out this funny picture of our reading time. We do at least 2 books a day and I think he really likes it. This is his reading chair.

3 comments:

Tim said...

That's my boy!

Lazy Daisy said...

So glad things went well with the Doctor today. All of you were well prayed up. Miss you all.

Mrs. Clifford said...

hello...

my name is teri and i have known your husband since we rode bus 6 together in elementary school. my husband is a librarian, too (in ft. worth). i found tim through facebook and subsequently found your blog. i just had to tell you that your little man is an absolute beauty!! seriously… he is SO cute!!! and as a kindergarten teacher… keep up the reading (as if I need to tell that to a librarian).

by the way… i love the name oscar. i have never taught an oscar… that makes the name a winner in my book.

teri clifford :-)