Thursday, November 27, 2008

Oscar's 1st Thanksgiving


I know we all have lots to be thankful for and we are reminded of that this time of year. I am most thankful for family, especially now that Tim and I have a new person in it. It's so strange how a little person can enter your world and make it something completely new. Oscar is not even two and a half months old yet and I cannot imagine how life was without him!

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving day. Uncle Andy came over to visit and we watched the Macy's parade on the tele. Then we took pictures, told stories, and ate until we were sleepy. Here is Oscar's first Thanksgiving, complete with cranberry sauce, homemade rolls, mashed potatoes, apple pie, and even a stuffed turkey! Happy Thanksgiving!

(The turkey costume is an idea I caught online... the Martha Stewart website. It took me about 3 hours total, sewing when "daddy got home!" I used brown felt for my turkey, though. I think I like that better - it looks more like a softie!)

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

The pictures are SO cute...what an adorable little turkey you have!!! I love your creativity :). Oscar looks like he is enjoying himself! :)

Unknown said...

it doesn't get cuter than that! what a precious little boy. I'm so thankful for all 3 of the Bomgardners in my life! love you!!!