Lately you've been really having a hard time with gas pains. We've been really lucky that you are so stoic and don't cry as much as other babies. It is just hard on me to see you in pain. Most of the things I've read say that between weeks 6 and 8 of an infant's life is when they are fine-tuning their gastrointestinal systems and this is the worst of it. I hope so, because it breaks my heart when I see you crumple in pain trying to pass gas. Your little lips quiver and turn into a frown and you make this pitiful little whimper cry... Ugg. And sometimes you fight it and scream out as you squeeze your little belly. I don't know which is worse. I just hope this phase is over as quickly as it crept up on us.
As I'm writing this, you are sleeping in your little chair. You are making the funniest faces in your sleep. For a minute, I thought you were laughing! Your breaths were short and fast and you had this crazy grin across your face. You crack me up, little boy. I love watching you. Just another day on Oscar's Odyssey.
No comments:
Post a Comment