Saturday, October 18, 2008

One Month Baby

Today isn't technically Oscar's one month birthday, actually Monday is, but it was bright and early 8:30 in the morning four Saturdays ago that my water broke! How funny is it that somebody so tiny could change your world so dramatically? I love being Oscar's momma. He is the coolest kid ever (not that I'm biased or anything). He has these little quirks already that crack us up. I just can't imagine a world any longer without him.

One of Oscar's seriously cute quirks is his "victory" dance. (This picture shows the start of it...) He hugs himself tightly with his arms to one side, sometimes even lacing his fingers together (which is REALLY cute), and squeezes. Then he stretches out each arm with a fist made, like he just crossed a finish line or something! He does this dance after he finishes nursing. It's how I know he is done. Oh man, this kid is cute.

Another one of Oscar's "isms" is the gas this kid can pass. Good lord, he does his daddy proud. Yesterday, as I ripped off his little cloth pants to feed him, he let a massive one rip simultaneously. I laughed so hard I almost dropped him! And when Oscar is trying to get his gas out, he does this guttural grunting sound. (He is gonna hate me when he grows up for writing all this... It is hilarious, though.) He makes little cave man noises. But he is pretty stoic like his daddy; he doesn't cry too much about his gas pains. He just grunts. And if he gets gassy in his bassinet, I can see his little swaddled legs stick straight up and out!

But when Oscar does cry, it is so funny. When he gets really really mad, he SNORTS! I am not even lying. He has this really pissed off snort that he makes in between gasps. I have never heard any baby do that before. I was telling Oscar's Texas grandma all about our little snorter and she told me that Tim used to do that, too! Oh Oscar, you are more like your dad than you know. Tim was nick-named "snuffy" as a child for this reason. (Tim is gonna be MAD that I wrote this!)

Well, there are so many Oscar "isms" that I could keep going and going, but I'll leave those for another day. Suffice to say that I adore this little boy and all his adorable little quirks.

(And I know that I need to blog more! I am just so busy spending my time with my little cutie pie that I never get around to writing it down on here. But I am trying to do better... I have a paper journal for Oscar that Tim and I started, so maybe I'll post some of what we've written from that so his extended online family can read it as well.)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

what an ADORABLE little boy, I'm still dying to meet him and hold him. I'll just have to bide my time a little longer. Love you guys!!!

Lazy Daisy said...

Awwww...I love Oscar-isms. What a cutie. I'll be seeing him soon.