(A post from your daddy...)Well, little man, you finally arrived. It seems like we have been waiting for you to show up for years now. Ever since we found out the we were pregnant almost everything about our lives has been directed toward making this world the best place possible for your arrival. Even with all of that time and planning we still weren't ready for you when you arrived. There are so many last minute things that need to be done and so many other things that we didn't know we would need until you actually came home with us. Maybe since you came a couple of days early it means that you didn't inherit my procrastination gene...but I won't hold my breath on that one.
The day that we brought you home from the hospital really made things hit home for me. No longer is it "Tim & Suzy," it's "Tim, Suzy & Oscar." It's hard to believe that we are a family now. Just saying it out loud really warms my heart. It's kind of funny because sometimes I think of myself as this tough guy that does crazy things and doesn't really cry or complain about pain, but I honestly haven't cried this much in my whole life. I really thought it was the mother who had the crazy hormones that would make her cry. There were times at the hospital that I would just hold you and look in your eyes and for some reason tears would just well up without warning. I even get a little misty eyed sometimes when I talk about it. You have really turned our world around. The strange thing is that everything seems to fit better now than it did before you were here. I can't really imagine what it would be like without you around.
It is going to be sad in a week or so when I have to go back to work. I have really been spoiled the last two weeks getting to hang out with you and your mom. I'm jealous that she is going to get to stay at home with you for a lot longer than I am. Every day you grow a little more and I just don't want to miss any of it. I couldn't be more thankful that you are a part of our lives now...we wouldn't be a family without you!
(This is Oscar's first "professionally done" picture - it was taken on the day we left the hospital.)
(This is Oscar's first "professionally done" picture - it was taken on the day we left the hospital.)
2 comments:
what a perfect little boy! he's so beautiful. and he couldn't ask for a better daddy! much love to all three of you!
Ok, now I'm crying. What a sweet post. I'm praying that you will always feel this way.
Post a Comment