Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Introducing!!!


He's here!!! My little jellybean is finally home. It's been a CRAZY weekend and I have much to say, but it's late and I need to feed my little man (who is smiling in this picture, by the way...) and put everyone to bed for a few hours. So here he is - Oscar Elijah Bomgardner. The newest love of my life. I am SO smitten, it hurts. He was born Saturday night at 11:55 pm and weighed in at 7 pounds and 3 ounces.

9 comments:

Dixie Vandersluys said...

Hi Suzy,

I'm one of Becky's blog friends from Saskatchewan. I've got an almost 6 year old daughter, a 3.5 year old son, and a 17 month old daughter. I'm a big fan of pregnancy and birth (not so much a fan of 2 & 3 year olds, but that's another story), so I've been following this blog since Becky announced that you were pregnant.

I just wanted to say that Oscar is absolutely beautiful and you look beautiful, and I hope you can enjoy these first few, tiring, yet wonderful days. And you'll probably burst into tears at about 11pm one of these nights (or maybe you already have) and feel like giving up, but you can do it and you will do it! And you'll do a great job. Just rest and enjoy it as much as you can.

All the best to your new family. Congratulations!!

laura said...

congratulations suzy and tim!!!! i'm so unbelievably excited for all of you!! i can't wait to see oscar live and in person! he is absolutely adorable! i'm smitten with one look at his picture! i can't imagine how much more i'll fall in love with him when i see him! he is cuter than any baby i've ever seen in my life! i'm soooo excited for you guys!! congrats again! i miss you so much and i wish you the best in everything!!!! lots of love!!!! <3

Anonymous said...

Congrats to the both of you! He is as beautiful as I knew he would be. With parents like the two of you, what else could you expect! My warmest wishes go out to your now extended family!!!

Jennifer said...

He is beautiful!!! And I love his name! Congratulations :). I have so enjoyed your momma's updates...the pictures have been so sweet. This one of your little "Sweet Pea" takes the cake, though! I wish I could kiss those little cheeks!
Rest, girl...and don't turn down help. Enjoy the little one!

Ruth said...

Suzy and Tim,
I was so curious about how things were going I went to your Mom's blog to find out some of the details. I'm so excited for you guys.
Give Oscar a kiss from me.
Love,
Ruth

Swim Bike Mom said...

Congrats you two! He is beautiful! Enjoy these sweet, early days.. they grow so very fast!!

Swim Bike Mom said...

Congrats, Suzy & Tim... he is ABSOLUTELY beautiful! Eat up that baby.. they aren't that sweet, quiet and tiny for long!!! Again, congrats!!

zaxonit said...

Hey Suzy,

I'm writing to congratulate you through yet another internet venue.
In the meanwhile, the cynic in me is screaming that this whole blog is a fake. It's just a little too perfect. Who starts a blog and then actually has the baby on 'Week 40'? Who's paying you?

Zach

Thirty-something in denial said...

Where do I start? I am so proud of the both of you. He is perfect! Cherokee wanted to know when we were going to the hospital to see him. I explained where you where. She just couldn't understand why you didn't come to Texas to have the baby. I told her I agreed with her, but we have to face the facts.

I can not wait to hold that sweet child and smell the baby lotion. Sounds silly, but true.

I hope that the family and friends there helping you out are doing what you need them to. Remember it is ok to say "NO". New families get tired easily and it's ok to let people know you need rest....on the other hand....it's ok to ask for help. Remember you can speak your voice. Let people know what you need them to do. Every mother and/or grandmother thinks she knows exactly what you need and what needs done. This has been going on for generations. Speak your voice if you need something. I tell you this out of love!

Tim-Your sister is proud of you! You have become an awesome man. I am honored to call you brother!
Suzy-Your sister-in-law is soooooo glad Tim met you! You are the perfect mate and complete him totally! I am thrilled to call you sister!
Oscar-Your aunt can not wait to hold you! I am so sad that I am so far away. Please know that I love you so much and I am so sorry that I am not there to meet you. You are a precious gift from God for your Mommy and Daddy. I don't think you could ask for better parents!

I love you all!
Angie